WHAT IS SEDEX?
SEDEX : Supplier Ethical Data Exchange is a membership organization for businesses committed to continuous improvement of the ethical performance of their supply chains. SEDEX system is an online database which allows members to store, share and report Information about ethical and responsible practices in their supply chain. Although Sedex does not enforce its own standard, it encourages members to have their companies assessed according to the ETI code, developed by the Ethical Trading Initiative. The code focuses upon safety and human rights for workers, and bans child labour, (semi-)slavery, and discrimination.
- The main advantage for registered members is that suppliers and buyers can do business in the knowledge that their business partners operate in a socially responsible fashion.
- The Sedex system thus creates trust based upon transparency.
- A tool that enables companies to analyse and rate potential risk
- Drive collaboration, build capacitiy.
FOUR PILLARS OF SEDEX
- Labour Standard
- Health & Safety
- Business Ethics
DQS CFS joins Sedex Audit Company Group
DQS CFS has been admitted to the Sedex Audit Company Group, the group of audit companies visibly included in the Sedex system. Our admission to the Sedex Audit Company Group means that DQS CFS will now perform ethical audits on a worldwide scale, thereby contributing to the fight for safe and humane working conditions. Because an increasing amount of companies expect their suppliers to participate in the Sedex system, the demand for Sedex audits is growing rapidly. As part of the Sedex Audit Company Group, DQS CFS has the necessary in-house expertise to guide you through this process.
DQS CFS is worldwide recognized for SMETA, which means that all DQS offices, including DQS Nigeria, can offer SEDEX/SMETA audits
Do you have questions about the procedure? Do not hesitate to contact us.
WHAT IS SMETA?
SMETA stands for Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit, and it incorporates the following:
- Standard report template for conducting ethical trade audits
- Good practice methodology & a compilation of best practice in audit technique
- Facilitates audit sharing
- Designed to reduce duplication
- Available to everyone.